christmas

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Almost 3 weeks!

I cannot believe Reese is almost three weeks old. It is crazy how fast time flies...she is doing well. She has had many visitors and is enjoying all of the company. At her two week appointment everything is looking good. She was not quite to her birth weight, but the doctor did not seem too concerned. At 2 weeks she was weighing 7 lbs. 2 oz. (25%) and was 20.5 inches (50%)...I feel she is growing so much. The doctor was amazed at how calm and alert she was at her appointment (definitely not always the case at home), she can definitely cry loudly if she is unhappy. Also, her umbilical cord has finally fallen off. We have been waiting for about a week. She does not see her doctor until her 2 month checkup.

We have officially transferred her from the pac and play in our room to her room upstairs....it has been rough, but she is slowly getting the hang of it (I am too), but I hear it is better in the long run. Actually last night she did great..sleeping from about 10:30 to 2:30 (had to wake her to feed her) and then went back to sleep from about 3:00-7:00....so I really cannot complain, she has been a trooper. Although, we still have our cuddle sessions in the morning and Nate usually cuddles with her for a little bit during the afternoon time (during his nap before he goes to work). Reese enjoys tummy time for the most part and loves watching and looking at her brothers, Megatron and Kratos.

My mom came to visit last week and it was so great to have her. Reese absolutely adored her and my mom is queen at getting her to calm down quickly. She also introduced Reese to a pacifier and a bottle. I wanted her to get used to taking a bottle because Nate and I try to have a date night about once a week. Last week Nate's parents watched her for a few hours while Nate and I went to a hockey game and they are watching her again while we go to another hockey game. Below are pictures of Reese and of all of her recent visitors (when I remember to take pictures) =).

Reese's Room






My friend Kelly's little girl with Reese

Taking a pacifier for the first time!

Wide awake after eating
Precious
My Coworker Amanda and Reese

Reese in a milk coma
Egan holding Reese at Rachel's baby shower
Happy Easter! Looking out the window and at her duckies she got from Grammie
Trying out her new cradle my dad made her!
Taking a bottle for the first time, she did great.
Cuddling with Grammie
Hanging out with Rach
My mom trying out a soothing strategy

Group picture with my friends' kiddos Maya, Iris, and Liam
Matty holding Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment