christmas

Monday, March 26, 2012

She's Here!!!


Baby Reese Kenadie decided to make her appearance into this world 8 days early! She arrived on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 2:26 p.m. weighing 7 lbs. 6 oz. and 20 inches long. She is absolutely perfect.



Dad first holding Reese!

Mom first holding Reese

First family photo.....very attractive!

The birth story:
I did not feel well on Tuesday, so I stayed home from school and slept a lot and took it pretty easy. For some reason I decided to finish packing my hospital bag and vacuum and dust while Nate was at work. Nate came to bed around 2 and I got up to go to the bathroom....I came back to bed and I felt a little pop.....needless to say my water broke. I was not having contractions at the time so I decided to shower while Nate ran frantically around the house making sure that we had everything, once I told him I was not having contractions he decided to take a shower as well =).
We arrived at the hospital around 3:15 in the morning and they confirmed that my water had broke and then it was just a waiting game. My Dr. came to see me around 8 and decided to put me on pitocin because he wanted me to have her in the next 24 hours. I was hooked up to pitocin and progressed rather quickly. Contractions did not like me and I ended up vomiting from the pain. After I received the epidural around 11:30 it was game on, I was pushing by 1:50 and she was born a short time later.

My dad meeting Reese for the first time and showing her to Reese's cousin Tyler

Her first bath....not to enjoyable!



At home:
We have been doing great and adjusting well....she is quite the little sleeper ( I know I shouldn't be bragging because I have heard it doesn't last) but it has made the adjustment to having a newborn much more manageable. She is eating about every 3-3 1/2 hours and at night usually sleeps for a 4-5 hour stretch, which I am very thankful for. We have amazing friends and family who have been visiting us and bringing us dinner.... here are a few pictures of the first few days of Reese's life!

After her first at home bath

Being silly

Hanging out as I fold laundry
Good friend Heather and her little guy Liam meeting Reese for the first time












1 comment:

  1. Oh Beth, The pictures are wonderful!! Thank you for sharing them with us! Enjoy you new little family! God's blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete