christmas

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Avery Loghan is here!!

Avery Loghan came into this world 9 days early. Born on April 16, 2014 at 6:42 pm 7 lbs. 1 oz. 20 inches long. She gave us a couple false alarms, but it was all worth it.

Birth Story
I went back to work after Spring Break for Monday and Tuesday and Tuesday night I just was not feeling myself so I decided to be done working.  I was having constant pain/cramping early Wednesday morning, but I decided to let Nate and Reese sleep. We ended up going to the triage around 9 in the morning and of course I was showing signs of labor, but was not in active labor so they sent me home at 10:30.  2 hours later I started having contractions every 3-4 minutes at home. I waited 2 hours before I called to see if I should go back in because I did not want to be sent home again.  When I called, they told me to come in if I thought the contractions were getting stronger.  I began throwing up from the contractions so I knew that it was "go" time.  By the time we got to the hospital (they admitted me) and to my room, I was ready for the epidural.  After the epidural I did not have much time.  Avery was born about an hour later.  I look back and it was overall a pretty easy labor.  Totaling about 6 hours.  I progressed so fast that I did not have time to go through 2 bags of antibiotics, so Avery and I had to stay in the hospital for 2 nights.  Nate stayed the first night with us, but went home on the second night to spend time with Reese.  We had a few visitors in the hospital which helped the time pass quickly.

Avery has been pretty easy so far, doing what most newborns do, eat, sleep, poop, and cry once in awhile when she is hungry or not quite sure what she wants.  Her 10 day check up is tomorrow so I am curious how she is doing on her weight. Reese struggled with breast feeding, but I think Avery is doing a lot better than Reese ever did. Hoping her weight gain shows that.

Reese is such a wonderful big sister. She loves to give her kisses and watch her, she does not quite understand why she sleeps so much though.  Since having Avery I realize how busy of a little girl we do have =). Always on the move.

Minutes old


chubby snuggles

Mommy and Avery Photo

Reese meeting Avery for the first time


morning snuggles

1st bath, Avery did not cry once




chillin' at home





No comments:

Post a Comment